Voicemail Icon Is Missing on iPhone: When you want to check your voicemail on your iPhone, you might not see the Voicemail icon in the Phone app. If you can’t see the Voicemail icon in the Phone app, you won’t be able to check your voicemail.
In the Phone app on your iPhone, the Voicemail tab should be in the bottom-right corner. It should be near the Keypad icon, along with Recents, Favorites, and Contacts. If you have messages you haven’t heard yet, the Voicemail icon will have a red badge on it.
You won’t be able to use Visual Voicemail if you don’t have your Voicemail icon. In this article, I show you how to fix the problem if your Voicemail icon is missing.
Voicemail Icon Is Missing on iPhone
Start the Phone app again:
- Starting with iPhone X: Go to your Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, and wait in the middle. Swipe left or right to find the Phone app, and swipe up on it to open it. Then, open the Phone app and look for the icon that looks like a phone.
- Other models of iPhone: Press the Home button twice, then swipe up on the Phone app. Then, open the Phone app, swipe up to close it, and then open the Phone app again and look for the Voicemail icon.
- Restart your iPhone.
- If your device is using Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet, turn off Wi-Fi (Settings > Wi-Fi) to make your iPhone use the cellular network.
- Make sure the iOS on your iPhone is the most recent version. Choose Settings > General > Software Update.
- Check to see if there is a new update for your carrier. Go to Settings > General > About on your iPhone. If there is an update, a popup will appear. If the popup appears, follow the instructions on the screen.
- You can call you from your iPhone. You should be able to see what messages you have. You might be asked for the password to your voicemail. If you don’t know it, go to Settings > Phone > Change Voicemail Password to change it. Listen to your messages, and then restart your iPhone. Now, the Voicemail icon may show up.
- If you don’t see the badge that tells you how many unread messages you have, make sure that Badges is turned on in Settings > Notifications > Phone.
Contact your carrier
If this problem persists, you might want to talk to your carrier (AT&T, T-Mobile, Cricket, etc.). They might be able to fix the problem on their end by pressing the reset button and doing some housekeeping. They might also give you ideas to try.
Reset network settings
If the problem keeps happening, reset your network settings. This will delete all of your network settings, such as your Wi-Fi passwords and other similar information. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings, then follow the on-screen instructions. Your iPhone will turn on again. Then open up the Phone app to see if the icon is there.